whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Sunday, February 12, 2006

Shadow lessons


Long legs


From children's books I learned to think that shadows are part of a secret, other world. From photography I learned that shadows show us the possibility of the impossible. A chair can have four legs of different lengths and still be something you can sit on.

And from art lessons, in school, and from my painting parents, I learned the impossibility of the possible. With a camera I can capture these angles: they exist. I doubt that I could ever draw them and get them right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home