whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Friday, August 11, 2006

Moonrise, sunrise, out and over to Vancouver: Vancouver, are you there?


I have to laugh. I post a round moon. Then I shoot photos of the sunrise. I look at a blog, expatraveler, by one of the people I've met on the Internet, who used to live in Switzerland and misses it, who now lives in lovely Vancouver (and doesn't really complain about it). She has a moon photo dated August 9, the kind I would like to photograph, and then, presto! an August 10 sunrise (well, not exactly, but read it anyway)!

So here's to the moon and the sun, with 9 hours difference and people standing like so many little pinheads around the world, pointing their cameras at the wonders of the sky. This is one of the God's fingers shots I occasionally take, recalling the stories about those wonderful streams of light, when I was little. I'm not religious, but I still like all those tales.

2 Comments:

Blogger Marnie said...

Vancouver has been called away on business, perhaps, but I'll wave hello from Toronto. I don't want you to think that Canada is ignoring you! I found your blog recently and have been enjoying the glimpse of your part of the world.

5:08 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

LOL - took a while to find this one! I've got one photo like yours from lake of Geneva... Missed the last full moon, but June will mark 2 that month, a blue moon!

9:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home