whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Monks and World Cup on opposite sides

Did I say something about monasteries and the World Cup? Check this out.

4 Comments:

Blogger Sameer Vasta said...

great link! i put it up on my del.icio.us links, i hope you don't mind. i wouldn't be happy being a monk, i tell ya.

5:04 AM  
Blogger christin m p in massachusetts said...

I think I'd be happy being a monk if it weren't for the gender issues. Monks have a way better deal than nuns do. And I'm not a sports fan, so I wouldn't have to worry about that aspect of it.

8:08 AM  
Blogger jez said...

I remember a tv programme some years ago about the 1994 world cup final. The makers set up cameras in loads of places around the world, watching from the screen back at the people in the room, at the beach, or, in the monastery.

The monks in the monastery were rather constrained. They showed their appreciation or excitement (wasn't sure which) by rubbing their hands together.

5:42 PM  
Blogger whistlestop caboose said...

We need a monk to comment here, but I don't know any! Vasta, I had a good chuckle from it and no, I don't mind - think it's great you liked the link.

6:27 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home