whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Sunday, October 22, 2006

Pilots have two directions to choose from


Dawn continues to be a beautiful time, so I thought I would take a picture. I looked in front of me. The business of looking one direction is excellent for teaching you to look in other directions, so before settling down to the day's mundane stuff I looked to the right. The mountain was smoking a fine cigar, to my surprise. And then I looked back the other way and pilots were busy. Some were learning to fly across, others to fly up. It probably doesn't look this way from the cockpit, where I suspect the world is always below (assuming the pilot has the basics under control).



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home