whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Saturday, May 13, 2006

Peace on Mother's Day

Peace on Mother's Day
Peace on Mother's Day,
originally uploaded by ellengwallace.

Flowers from the garden in a vase made by a good friend, a painting from Ghana, purchased when my 10 year old son visited there with us, and in the corner, a wonderful turtle-fish painting by my son at age 16, a relaxing glass of wine and - this you can't see - cherished fingerprints from my daughter on the window nearby. A basket of pleasure, plenitude, warmth and love. I am blessed and I hope that this message of good cheer goes some way towards sharing this bounty with you, no matter who you are (and not just mothers) for that is how we reproduce the best in our world.


(Flickr offers a larger view of this photo, if not the world.)

2 Comments:

Blogger Christopher C. NC said...

Is there a window in your roof or is that some other light source illuminating the Tulips for a bountiful Mother's Day?

1:41 AM  
Blogger whistlestop caboose said...

It's a simple ceiling spot over the table. I'd been staring at the flowers for a while when I suddenly realized how wonderful the light was and leaped up to get my camera. Quite accidentally lit like this.

12:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home