whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Thursday, May 11, 2006

Mother calling! Mother calling just a little LOUDER!

It came as a surprise to me when I left the U.S. and moved to Europe that there were several Mother's Days, on different dates. I wasn't a mother and my own mother knew only about the American version, so I didn't give this too much thought for a few years.

And then I finally figured out why we celebrate Mother's Day in May. I wrote about it on my new journalism blog at GenevaLunch. If you love your mother, read this. If you are a mother, read this. If you don't fit into one of those categories, you could broaden your horizons by reading this.

(Only a mother would make that last remark.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home