whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Saturday, March 03, 2007

lettuce from Fully


lettuce from Fully
Originally uploaded by ellengwallace.

I had to buy a new camera, with damaged pixels on my old one. I was so excited when it arrived but the weather was not exactly ideal - gray and wet and all the landscape photos had no contrast. Nevertheless, I managed to spend a good deal of Friday and Saturday shooting Alpine villages and mountain slopes - and then came across this garden center. It is huge, with dozens of covered strips like this one, with little plants happily growing.

Shooting these, and especially the parsley photos, cheered me up enormously. It's too early to plant in the Alps, where we are only safe from frosts in early June. I can't keep things alive that long indoors for they grow leggy and stringy and weak. I have come to the conclusion that I must buy small plants, already sturdy. Here they are! I can come back in a few weeks and they will be ready to make the alpine trek to a higher altitude, just like the young cows.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home