whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Saturday, January 27, 2007

French Alps suspended over Lake Geneva

I was on my way to the Swiss Alps and was not far from the lake front when I was so distracted by this view off to my right that I thought I should get off the busy road and just look at it. So I took a detour down to the lakefront in St. Prex, where the boats shivered in the darkening air but the French Alps just grew more magical in the last light of day. Tthese are above Evian, of water fame, which you can just make out in the large version on flickr - click on photo or my name to get to it.

And then, suddenly, the mountains faded away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home