whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Friday, August 25, 2006

Stepping stone recipes, part 4

I know that my mushroom soup recipe, in the previous post, was from the 1974-76 period because those recipes are all on index cards which each have two words printed on the back. I was on a self-improvement kick. I ran every day, I rode my bicycle as much as possible, I added to my recipe collection and learned to cook better - and I learned two words a day. That was the plan, but I remember that the word-learning did not last long. The idea was to write down two new words on the back of a recipe, flip it over a couple times while I was cooking and by the end of the meal I would have stretched my vocabulary.

Mushroom soup has on its back side "exemplars" and "ostentation."

My poor dinner guest, whoever he or she was.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home