whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Friday, July 28, 2006

The amazing Ricola man


I promised a link in my last post and here it is, to an interview with one of the herb farmers who supplies Ricola, the Swiss candy-maker. I used to buy this for my mother, to take back to the U.S., because she found that they helped her to swallow. I think Ricola cough drops and candies are one of Switzerland's best exports, right up there with chocolate and cheese! Now that I've seen the herbs growing and the man who manages those, I'm even more impressed.

Meanwhile, heat has finally given way, after six weeks, to a lovely bout of soft rain and cool air. Before that happened this afternoon we had more rainbows last night - the opposite valley clearly had rain - and a hot day sunrise before 6:00.

1 Comments:

Blogger Sameer Vasta said...

ricola is the only cough drop that works for me. and for that, i thank all of you in switzerland! =)

7:42 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home