whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Monday, May 29, 2006

The bush that wept


When bushes cry, we get flower puddles (putals, if you like). This bush was surely crying for happiness - sun, then rain, more sun and photographers stopping to gape in wonder.

Too tired to write more tonight, but I have promised Christopher in Hawaii to come back with some pointers on posting different sizes of digital photos on the Internet, since my experience as a magazine editor showed me that everyone gets confused about this. That and more tomorrow. Today was supposed to be rainy and gloomy all day, but we had wild moments of darkness fighting the brightness, almost biblical, so who knows what tomorrow will bring.

Lake Geneva, looking from Saint-Prex to Lausanne

3 Comments:

Blogger Christopher C. NC said...

I think I may have figured some of it out by all the right clicking and checking properties and by opening the photos to a new page, though some still won't open on a seperate page.

Pointers would still be very good to read too.

I will be off photographing other parts of the world on the high pixel setting for the next two weeks and away from the computer. I could use some tips for my return. The main thing that has dawned on me is that the computer application being used and what it will allow is more important than the size I take the picture at.

4:59 AM  
Blogger whistlestop caboose said...

Christopher, my apologies for being slow doing this - too much work. But I will write this soon, and post it here.

Have a wonderful trip and it will be great to see your photos on your return. I promise to have written suggestions for you by then!

11:58 AM  
Blogger Christopher C. NC said...

No worries!

8:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home