whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Monday, December 26, 2005

A world of small Christmas tales: a limp if loving star


Milwaukee, Wisconsin, USA, 1970

I learned to crochet when I was in college, and I have no idea why, since I had plenty of studying to do! It might have been inspired by the hat Ali McGraw wore in Love Story, the movie of the season that every girl I knew cried through several times. We all admired her crocheted wool hat and her long dark hair.

And from that I moved on to making lace. Here is one of my first efforts, now limp with the years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home