whistlestop caboose

The view from the back.

My Photo
Name:

www.zidao.com Apprentice harmonizer, for sheer fun. Journeywoman writer, for work and pleasure. Starting point was Iowa, current stopping point on this journey is Switzerland, with frequent pauses around the world to watch and listen to the crowd, and occasionally make comments.

www.flickr.com
Tulips 2006 for Gran ellengwallace's Tulips 2006 for Gran photoset

Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Alfie, here's what it's all about

I spent hours perched at the end of my father's workbench when I was knee-high, watching him tinker with model trains that he built from scratch.

My favorite car was always the caboose, the one with a porch at the end of the train. You could walk from the steam engine, through all those dangerous linking bits suspended over the tracks, swinging and swaying and bumping your way back to the caboose.

And and then: no more train, just that great wide view of the world rattling by.

So, what's it all about, Alfie? The blog, that is.

The view from the back. When you feel like taking a ride, join me to look at some of my favorite things.

On the light side, the downsized farm, aka, the garden; travels great and small; the sensory life. Tea. Dipping into China.

More calories in these: educating the world; tomorrow’s workers; distance teaching; writing for sanity; creativity for less sanity; solo in the workplace.

Whipped cream: leave home with this! (the stuff you forgot to tell your kids); my favourite doors and windows (life as a voyeur).